Shanghai No.6 People's Hospital, Department of nuclear medicine Chen Libo: Hashimoto's thyroiditis usually hypothyroidism in different degre
Shanghai No.6 People's Hospital, Department of nuclear medicine Chen Libo: Hashimoto's thyroiditis usually hypothyroidism in different degree, without the need for anti thyroid treatment. If patients with thyrotoxicosis, often suggests that the disease and Graves disease coexist, can be considered for anti thyroid treatment. Please refer to the iodine -131 treatment of hyperthyroidism indications, such as with then, hashitoxicosis can take iodine -131 treatment.
According to the Chinese Medical Association of Endocrinology and nuclear medicine branch of thyroid disease diagnosis and treatment guidelines, the following 9 patients with hyperthyroidism is the best choice of iodine -131 treatment:
1) over the age of 20 years, thyroid enlargement;
2) antithyroid drug treatment failure, allergy or white blood cell reduction and other taboos;
3) postoperative recurrence of hyperthyroidism;
4) hyperthyroid heart disease or heart disease with other causes;
5) hyperthyroidism with white blood cells and (or) platelets or whole blood cells;
6) senile hyperthyroidism;
7) hyperthyroidism and diabetes mellitus;
Toxic nodular goiter (8);
9. Thyroid nodules with hyperthyroidism.
The following should be used with caution in patients with hyperthyroidism iodine -131 treatment:
1) adolescents and children with hyperthyroidism, treatment failure, refused surgery or surgery is contraindicated by ATD;
2 hyperthyroidism with liver, kidney and other organ damage;
3) infiltrative exophthalmos. For mild and stable period of moderate and severe infiltrative exophthalmos may be used with iodine -131 treatment of hyperthyroidism, progress of patients in iodine -131 before treatment with prednisone.
Disable -131 therapy in patients with hyperthyroidism:
1) pregnant women;
2) lactating women;
3 hyperthyroidism with extremely serious liver and kidney disease or myocardial infarction and other systemic diseases.