Varicocele will rise due to blood stasis makes testicular temperature, and the influence of testicular sperm producing ability, or cause tes
Varicocele will rise due to blood stasis makes testicular temperature, and the influence of testicular sperm producing ability, or cause testicular hypoxia, or adrenal metabolites reflux into the testis, and the hypothalamus, pituitary and testicular function changes, may also be the varicocele caused infertility reason.
Patients with male infertility should be examined in detail to determine if they are suffering from varicocele. Patients with varicocele, if semen examination is normal, do not have to worry too much about infertility problems, but to do regular follow-up checks.
Varicocele can cause male infertility, but the mechanism of infertility has not yet fully understood, may be related to the following factors:
(1) the scrotal temperature increased after varicocele of spermatic vein, due to stasis of blood flow, can cause the temperature of the scrotum increased, the average is higher than the normal 0.6 degrees, thus affecting sperm production.
(2) nutritional disorders due to venous blood stasis, testis and epididymis affected the blood circulation, lack of nutrients and oxygen required, thus affecting spermatogenesis.
(3) testicular endocrine dysfunction due to the local temperature rise in the scrotum and testicular blood supply and lack of oxygen, will inevitably affect the seminiferous tubules within the endocrine function of Leydig cells, which interfere with spermatogenesis.
(4) toxin with abundant collateral circulation between testicular vein and spermatic vein, when varicocele, cause blood reflux, the high concentration of toxic metabolites with the left adrenal gland and left renal vein blood, such as steroids, catecholamines, 5- hydroxy tryptamine and prostaglandin, without detoxification before the influx of bilateral testicular sperm production, which affected, resulting in different levels of spermacrasia, abnormal morphology, movement disorders, etc..
(5) some studies on the effect of oxygen free radical showed that the oxygen free radical and the lipid peroxidation increased in the testis tissue, which affected the spermatogenesis and sperm function.